Thursday, June 08, 2006

Too... Hot...

It's been 34 degrees here on my last full day at Steve's house. Even if I'd had any energy, Steve had none. It was just too hot to do anything you didn't have to do, especially when you're feeling a bit rough to start with. And as NHS Direct said I should avoid caffiene, dairy products, fizzy drinks etc, that's meant no tea/coffee, no coke, no ice-cream... and I think Steve may have been showing solidarity. Which considering he's a computer-monkey who works daft hours and practically runs on coffee, may have been rather a shock to his system.

Spent most of the day in bed (or more to the point on bed) dozing and wishing for the cool of evening. Then it was air-conditioned Pizza-Hut for dinner, and off to Sainsburys, where we bought a pint of milk to make tea and coffee in the morning (my tum really feels much better now, just the soreness from the physical exertion left), some pain au chocolat for breakfast, the DVD of Memoirs of a Geisha (only really makes sense if you've read the book, but has some stunning and I mean STUNNING pieces in it) and a sodding great big electric fan for the bedroom.

Ah, that's better.

No comments: