Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Earthquake

Sorry this post is hardly original.

So yes, at 1am on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning depending on how you look at it, there was an earthquake in the UK.

For me and Steve, in the Midlands, it was enough to wake us up, with the bed shaking and the wardrobe doors rattling, but there's no actual damage.

I am not proud of my reaction, but I suppose it should be documented here...
- I woke up.
- Steve woke up.
- bit of sleepy "WTF?"
- shaking stops.
- Steve decides to go downstairs to check things over, make sure there's no disturbing smells of gas or anything.
- I tell Steve I love him very much. Thought process: There may be a gas leak or aliens might be invading or something and we might all die a fiery death. I wouldn't want him to die without definitely knowing. I wouldn't want to die without having told him. But I'm warm and cosy and I'm stuffed if I'm getting out of this bed. If I die, I die comfy.

Let's hear it for priorities!

In other news, my DLA form has arrived. I would be working on it right now, but I had a broken night's sleep and feel like I've been scraped off the pavement with a pressure-washer.

But, a big big thank you to everyone, on and offline, who has offered to help. You are all very ace.

1 comment:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

I can't believe I missed it! I was either too dead to the world to notice (a distinct possibility) or my house makes so many creaks and rattles anyway that and earthquake isn't anything new! Alternatively the shudder stopped between our houses, or didn't fancy climbing the hill!